Why is my available account balance no longer on my Debit Card Text Alert?
As a security enhancement, CBOTS will no longer be sending your available balance with any debit card transaction text alerts.
How can I get instant access to my available account balance on my mobile device?
We understand many of our customers relied on our Debit Card Text Alerts to keep them up to date on their account’s available balance. It’s still very easy to get your most up to date available balance with CBOTS. The following options are available for 24/7 account access:
- SMS/Text Banking – designed for regular and smart mobile phones. If you are currently enrolled in Online Banking and your mobile phone number is on file, you can simply self-enroll via Online Banking. For new activation please call Customer Service at any of our locations. See below for activation and usage information.
- The Mobile Way – a mobile banking app specifically designed for users of smartphones who are currently enrolled in Online Banking. Click here for more details and enrollment.
- Online Banking – browser based access to your account(s). Click here for access information.
CBOTS Text Banking features include:
- Sign-up is easy using Online Banking
- Simply text a one letter command to the short-code 49794 to receive an up-to-date balance and recent transaction information
- Receive messages only when you request them
- Stop or de-activate Text Banking at any time by simply texting “S” to the short-code number
- Reactivate at any time
- Other text functions available (see below)
Text Banking Enrollment
SMS Text Function Command Table:
|Balance||B||Summary of available balances for all accounts|
|History||H||Summary of recent transactions per account|
|Command||C||List of available Text Banking commands|
|Help||HE||Help content for Text Banking|
|Login||L||Receive a URL for the Citizens Bank of the South Mobile Browser website|
|Recover||R||Receive a URL and new activation code for the Citizens Bank of the South Mobile Browser web site|
|Stop||S||De-activate all Citizens Bank of the South text services|
One text message per query. Message and Data rates may apply. Most US carriers supported.
Reminder: Text Banking is not the same service as CBOTS Debit Card Alert options.
Stop worrying about account balances and move on with your day with CBOTS Text Banking!
For more information concerning Text Banking, contact a member of our Electronic Banking department at (478) 552-5116 or through email at CBOTS@CBOTS.com